COVID-19 UPDATE: To protect public health, including people accessing our services, staff, and fellow volunteers, we require all in-person volunteers to wear a mask and show proof of vaccination. Anyone dropping off food or items at our shelter does not need to show proof, but we enthusiastically encourage vaccination for anyone eligible and able. To send us proof of vaccination, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Masks are available on-site to all who need one.
Volunteer with Us
At Our Just Future, community comes first. That’s why we work directly within our communities to counter poverty by offering people the tools to meet their needs. As we build opportunities for our participants to re-enter the workforce, access low-income housing, and obtain emergency shelter care, we also depend on an amazing and diverse group of volunteers to help strengthen our programs.
It doesn’t take a lot to get involved. Here are a few socially distanced ways to contribute.
- Donate needed items to our shelters and affordable-housing programs by donating to our wish lists.
- Become a volunteer driver for emergency shelters
- Cook and deliver a dinner or sack lunch for shelter residents.
- Cook and deliver a dish to contribute to one of our drop-off shelter potlucks.
- Host a donation drive for residents in shelter or affordable housing (download flyers for our winter outerwear drives or canned food drives to share with your friends!).
- Contribute funds – it’s what makes our work possible.
- Sponsor a welcome home kit for families newly moving into housing.
- Sponsor a shelter dinner in partnership with a local restaurant.
We recognize that staying home and staying healthy is a priority right now, and we want to commend our incredible volunteers and donors for proving that COVID-19 certainly can’t stop your generous work. For keeping our programs thriving: Thank you! We appreciate all you do in our community!
Contact our Volunteer and Donations Team
Contact our shelter volunteer and donations coordinator to sign up, share ideas and get involved: email@example.com or (503) 278-1637.
All Volunteer Opportunities
Join Our Next Volunteer Open House
More dates coming soon!
For more information on who we are and what we do, find the program that resonates most with you.
Emergency Shelter for Families
Up to 40 families live at Lilac Meadows while they seek permanent housing.
Gresham Women’s Shelter
Up to 90 people who identify as women, nonbinary or genderqueer live here — with a pet if they have one.
LearnLinks After-School Program
LearnLinks creates culturally appropriate academic support & personal growth opportunities.
Food for Low-Income Families
Low-income and very-low-income families need extra support right now.