Holiday Rewind: Food Boxes and Many Wonderful Shelter Events
Our community has contributed so much this past holiday season! We’re proud of all that we’ve done together to lift up shelter residents in recent months.
- Sunshine Division provided 660 holiday food boxes for residents across our affordable housing communities. Volunteers, staff, and even some of our own family members assembled the boxes and delivered them to our housing communities with help from our partner Titan Trucking.
- Black Santa treated the kids at Lilac Meadows family shelter to some holiday joy and toys.
- We distributed $1,500 in food and retail gift cards generously donated by longtime partner Selectron.
- KGW Great Toy Drive provided an abundance of toys to children in shelter and housing.
- Kairos Church and the staff at OnSemi – another longtime partner – donated heaps of outerwear and blankets to residents in all three shelters.
- Carolers stopped by Lilac Meadows in late December to spread some seasonal joy.
- We hosted a pizza party at Lilac Meadows thanks to Slice Out Hunger and Zappos Pizza.
- Girl Scout troop #10283 and The Partners Group prepared gift bags for every resident at Gresham Women’s Shelter and Chestnut Tree Inn shelter – that’s about 100 gift bags!
- Volunteers helped us host ten drop-off potlucks in November and December, bringing home-cooked meals to folks in emergency shelters.
If you participated, thank you! (If you didn’t and want to, join our upcoming Virtual Volunteer Open House on February 12). This list doesn’t begin to cover the range of ways folks have been involved. Truly, we couldn’t do this work without you, and our community is stronger because you’re here.