Work with Us!
Our Just Future (formerly known as Human Solutions) is working to end homelessness and poverty in our community – because everyone deserves a safe place to call home.
Want to Help Make a Difference?
Our Just Future (formerly Human Solutions) counters the forces that keep people and communities in poverty by building relationships and assets that create opportunity – today and for future generations.
We partner with people and communities impacted by poverty so they can achieve long-term housing and economic security. We invest in affordable housing and community assets that contribute to strong, inclusive neighborhoods. We advocate with our community for policies and investments that expand housing and economic opportunity, eliminate wealth inequality and end poverty.
East Portland and wider East Multnomah County, Oregon, is our home and the heart of our investments, advocacy and programs.
Our Just Future envisions vibrant, healthy neighborhoods where all people can share in the security, hopes and advantages of a thriving, supportive community.
Our Just Future operates as a nimble, financially strong organization driven by our passion, strategic goals and guiding principles.
Diversity, inclusion and equity are fundamental values for Our Just Future, both internally and externally. Our Just Future has an anti-opppression diversity committee, which serves as a sounding board for new internal policies and procedures to make sure that we’re taking into account diversity and inclusion. It also helps with diversity-related projects, such as coordinating staff diversity trainings and providing ongoing input into our equity work.
Our Just Future is working to end homelessness and poverty in our community because everyone deserves a safe place to call home.
Additional open positions via external recruiters:
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement for New Employees
As of December 15, 2021, Human Solutions will require that all of its employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exception and accommodation plan as a minimum qualification for their position.
HSI adopted this policy to support the health and well-being of employees, program participants, volunteers and our broader community from the risks associated with COVID-19.
All newly-hired employees after the effective date of this policy must provide proof of compliance with this policy for their employment to be approved and begin. Candidates for employment who are fully vaccinated may begin employment immediately upon accepting an employment offer. Candidates for employment who are not fully vaccinated may receive a conditional offer of employment, which may be accepted only after the candidate becomes fully vaccinated or an approved exception and accommodation plan has been put into place. HSI may establish a deadline for the candidate to become fully vaccinated before the conditional offer expires.
We offer a comprehensive array of benefits in support of your physical, emotional and financial well-being. A few highlights:
- Employer-paid premiums for employee health insurance (medical, dental and vision)
- Reimbursement for medical deductible through a health reimbursement account (HRA)
- Generous paid time off, 13 paid holidays, a floating birthday holiday and the ability to maintain a great work-life balance
- Paid jury duty leave, bereavement leave, racial justice bereavement leave and traumatic event leave
- Employer-paid premiums for short-term and long-term disability insurance and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) for health and for dependent care
- Access to an employee assistance program
- Professional development opportunities, including employee-driven committees and monthly optional staff workshops
- Access to virtual yoga classes and resources for stress management, self-care and other wellness initiatives
- 401(k) retirement plan with a 2% employer match after three months
- Six-week paid sabbatical after every seven years of consecutive employment
Student Loan Forgiveness
Human Solutions, as a tax-exempt 501(c)(3), is a qualified employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program. Employees may qualify for the PSLF program.
How & Why We Do Our Work
Human Solutions counters the forces that keep people and communities in poverty by building relationships and assets that create opportunity – today and for future generations.
Vibrant, healthy neighborhoods where all people can share in the security, hopes and advantages of a thriving, supportive community.