Shelter Meal Roundup: Find a Way to Get Involved!
Contribute time, money, or resources to help us provide meals for emergency shelter residents.
Our shelter kitchens are busy prepping meals for residents in our three emergency shelters, ensuring we serve a healthy breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. The phenomenal staff at our shelters can work wonders to meet needs, but we do better when working together – with you!
Want to help with meals in our emergency shelters? Pick your approach:
- Tap Into Your Network. Do you have strong ties to a community or religious group? Get everyone together to cook regularly – many hands make light work.
- Cook With Us. Have an active set of friends with can-do spirit? Spend time together while cooking in one of our two kitchens – one residential-like and one commercial. We’ll do the planning, and you’ll be the labor.
- Make Sack Lunches. Volunteer from home by making and delivering sack lunches for a day.
- Drop Off Your Favorite Dish. Sign up to deliver a single dish to feed 12 at a community drop-off potluck. This way, you cook a manageable amount that becomes part of a meal for many.
- Send Us Ingredients. The gift of canned goods, dry beans, flours, and pastas is so helpful. Shop our wish list now or drop off unexpired, shelf-stable ingredients.
- Host a Food Donation Drive. Want to donate big or focus on meeting a dietary need? Crowdsource it! You can create your own donation drive customized to your goals.
Bonus: We could also use volunteer drivers to help us transport ingredients and donated meals. You can find a regular route that’s convenient to you, or be on call.
However you get involved, we appreciate you! Email email@example.com to get started – questions welcome! You can also call or text Brielle, our volunteer and donations coordinator, at 971.806.7759.